- Serve as the point of contact for requests for amateur radio support.
- Coordinate Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES) response during a full-scale EOC activation.
- Provide technical communications abilities to pre-destined locations during an EOC activation.
- Other duties as assigned by the EOC Commander.
- EOC Support Leader
- Upon request, report to the EOC (do not self-deploy).
- Check-in upon arrival to the EOC.
- Report to the Logistics Section Chief to obtain current situation status and specific position expectations.
- Identify workstation, log into WebEOC, and sign in using the Sign-In/Sign-Out Board.
- Establish and maintain a Position Log that chronologically describes the actions taken during the shift.
- Determine availability of ARES Team members.
- Maintain a Position Log that chronologically describes the actions taken during the shift.
- Assess unit staffing, as appropriate, to determine if additional field ARES team members are needed.
- Track requests for field ARES team members.
- Coordinate with the Resources Unit Leader to track the deployment of ARES team members.
- Provide back-up communications to the EOC and DPSC during full-scale activations.
- Demobilize as directed by the Logistics Section Chief.
- Ensure relief is thoroughly briefed before leaving the workstation:
- Equipment and supplies being used
- Location of documentation
- Overview of the unit’s operational procedures
- Items that need follow-up
- Leave written instruction, as needed
- Leave contact information just in case there are additional questions
- Clean-up the work area before leaving.
- Return any communications equipment or other materials.
- Inform immediate supervisor of items that need follow-up.
- Use the Sign-In/Sign-Out Board in WebEOC to sign out. Leave a forwarding telephone number in the comments section of this board to inform your replacement where you can be reached.
- Upon request, participate in formal post-operational debriefs.
- Check-out of the EOC
- Provide a transfer briefing to recovery personnel as appropriate.
- Assist with the recovery efforts as needed.